Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer Striping Tape Nail Art

Hey everyone! I finally bought myself some striping tape! I know - I've been doing nail art for over three years and I should have definitely bought myself some by now, but it just hadn't happened yet! And now...I have all the striping tape I will ever need for the rest of my life :P

Here's what I came up with:


It was so warm and beautiful outside today that I decided I definitely needed some summery colors for this mani. I started off with two coats of my absolute favorite white nail polish, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (shown below). Then I used one coat of Poshe Super Fast Drying Top Coat. I waited about half an hour to ensure the mani was completely dry, then taped off my nails in the patterns you see above. Then I used three Zoya cremes: Arizona (orange), Shelby (pink), and Blu (light blue). I finished off with another coat of Poshe Top Coat. This was my first time using striping tape and I have to say, I found it to be quite simple. In fact, the hardest part about it was finding where the tape began on the roll, cutting them into correct lengths, and not messing up my nails in the process! I got my striping tape on Amazon.com for a couple dollars. I'll definitely be trying more tape manis like this in the future!

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Thanks for reading!

Maggie xoxo

1 comment: