Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My First Three Zoyas

Hey everyone! Today I have something simple for you - a review of the first three Zoyas I ever owned. I bought them maybe a year an a half to two years ago, but they seem to go together and I thought I'd show you the three polishes that made me fall hard for the lovely Zoya brand.

First up is Ivanka, a simply stunning shade of emerald green. It has beautiful gold glass flecks that sparkle in the sun and shift to a lovely teal in the shade. The formula was a bit watery and tended to want to flood my cuticles, but because I was already prepared for it, swatching it wasn't difficult. Because the formula is a little thin, I used three coats to get this opacity, however I could see it looking just fine in two.

 

Next is Charla, a beautiful teal polish with the same gold glass flecks as Ivanka. If the ocean was a Zoya polish, this would be it. This is one of my favorite blues ever. The consistency of the formula was spot on; definitely not as watery as Ivanka and very easy to work with. I used three coats to achieve this opacity. This polish does stain, so double up on base coat.
 
 
 
Finally we have Alegra, a magenta polish with pink glass flecks and a gorgeous purple and blue sparkle. The formula was exactly like Charla, very easy to work with. Again, I used three coats for this swatch.
 

 
 
 
I hope you can see why these three polishes jump started my deep love for Zoya nail polishes. Every polish I've ever owned from them has been absolutely fabulous!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
xox Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment